Defra (Department for Environment Food & Rural Affairs) is the UK government department responsible for policy and regulations on environmental, food and rural issues.
GDP were awarded the framework agreement for Learning and Development Provision for Defra or three for three years to train thousands of Defra employees in a range of D&I learning products and services. These ranged from delivery department wide innovative customised D&I training to positive action leadership programme to accelerate progress of under-represented employees. 7 core interventions as part of this framework agreement encompassing:
- Increase Diversity and Inclusion Awareness
- Address under-representation of women disabled colleagues and ethnic minorities at senior levels
- Develop awareness of anti-discrimination legislation
- Develop competence in integrating Diversity and inclusion into Policy and strategy development
- Developing Stress Management and resilience
- Reducing Bullying & Harassment
- Developing change management strategies
- Promoting Work Life Balance
GDP were also required to meet the individual needs of departments within Defra who could request bespoke consultancy and training. This included one-to-one diversity coaching, holding seminars, facilitation of away-days and providing diversity training with the many agencies of Defra including the Environment Agency and Food Standards Agency.
7 D&I Learning and Development Products
Along with our excellent subject matter expertise and extensive project management experience GDP successfully achieved all objectives.
- Diversity and Inclusion 1 & 2 day specialist workshops
- Unlocking Potential – Under Representation of Minority groups workshops
- Anti-Bullying and Harassment workshops
- Disability Awareness
- Bespoke consultancy and training
- Diversity one-to-one coaching
- Seminars and Facilitation of away-days
- Diversity and Inclusion Training with many Defra agencies
With the successful delivery of the Learning and Development Provision, GDP succeeded in retaining preferred supplier status of Diversity Training and Consultancy which also encompassed core Defra and all Defra agencies. This contract met all the KPIs identified at the onset and provided significant acceleration of the realisation of Defra’s strategie,s was delivered over a three year period and reflected all equality and diversity learning needs for Defra.
“The Global Diversity Practice are professional, experienced and creative experts on the subject of diversity. They have revived our existing Diversity course from something that was stale to a product which now is up-to-date, thought provoking, business focused and entirely relevant. The delegate evaluation and feedback following GDP’s involvement clearly bears this out you have trainer over four thousand staff on a multitude of diversity and inclusion products and helped to develop our capability.”
Learning and Development Manager