Petroleum Development Oman (PDO) is the major exploration and production company in the Sultanate of Oman, accounting for about 70% of the country’s crude-oil production and almost all of its natural gas supply. The company is majority owned by the Government of Oman (60%), the Shell Group (34%), Total (4%) and Partex (2%). Gas fields and processing plants operated by PDO are exclusively on behalf of the Government. PDO contributed over a third of Oman’s gross domestic product in 2013/2014 according to the Central Bank of Oman.
PDO commissioned GDP to design and deliver a comprehensive D&I Awareness raising program for D&I stakeholders, HR Business Partners and Managing Director’s Committee (MDC). The objectives of the program were to:
- Promote the creation of a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Support mutual respect and trust in which all employees have fair opportunities to contribute and develop.
- Identify desired behaviours which guide the roles and responsibilities of all parties in establishing and promoting a positive work environment.
“Achieving More Together”
- Familiarisation of PDO procedures and policies, data mining and analysis of data, establishment of baseline.
- Engagement with 8 Stakeholders and 12 Executives on a 1-2-1 basis.
- Meeting and coaching of Managing Director.
- Customized 2.5 day ‘Open Minds’ program to build the confidence, competence and capability of key personnel to drive
- D&I awareness and change throughout the organisation.
- Embedded consultancy on relevant aspects of Talent, Business and Commercial strategy.
- Development of comprehensive three-year D&I Action and Communications Plan.
- Delivery of bespoke executive workshop to MDC.
The program has been a resounding success amongst the HR Business Partners and D&I Council, and preparations are underway for the cascade of D&I values and actions throughout the wider organisation. GDP were subsequently commissioned to deliver additional consultancy for a D&I Working Group / Task Force who report directly to the People & Change Director on key strategic decisions, as well as a company-wide D&I Survey and D&I Celebration Day.
“Thank you for your sterling and passionate contribution yesterday to enable an honest and sincere set of reflections by all MDC representatives. Follow through accountability in PDO is not a concern once we have broken through our own respective glass ceilings – and which you so proficiently helped us “smash away”. Thank you again for your professional, personal and game-changing support and guidance.”
Managing Director, PDO